Why Come to Us?
Having relationship problems? You’re not alone! Every relationship runs into difficulties at some point. And when that happens, thousands of people use our counselling services. So there’s no need to feel nervous or embarrassed about getting expert help from Relate.
Here are some of the main reasons why you should come to us:
- We are the most experienced relationship counselling service in Britain: we have been helping people to work through their relationship difficulties and reach their own decisions about the best way forward for over 70 years
- We have the highest standards of training and professional practice: all Relate counsellors complete a two-year, university level training programme and comply with the code of ethics of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). Once qualified, their performance is supervised and they take part in continuous professional development every year.
- Our service is totally confidential, impartial and non-judgemental: no matter what the problem is, you can talk to us in complete confidence.
- You can come on your own: if your partner doesn’t want to come with you, or if you are single and having doubts about your ability to form successful new relationships, talk to us! We can help!
- Our service is for everyone: it doesn’t matter if you’re married, living together, single, gay or straight – we’re here to help you.
- We cover every kind of relationship problem: we can help you, your partner and family with breakups, arguments, affairs, sexual problems, step-families, retirement, new baby… anything that has an effect on your relationships.
- During COVID-19, our counsellors are trained to provide high-quality webcam counselling service, so we can support your relationships and mental wellness through this difficult time.